Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Bridge

Richmond, California

My oh my its been a while since I have posted something. Lots of changes happened and I fell out of routine in my blogging. But now I’m back and ready to share! This will hopefully bridge what has gone on since the last time I wrote.

I ended up moving back home to Richmond in the San Francisco Bay Area. Not exactly where I wanted to end up but now am feelin’ like home is a great place to be right now. Its where I grew up so I get combine little Melissa, daughter of Carl and Jeanette, with the independent, young adult, college Melissa. Its quite the experience! Reconnecting childhood relationships, establishing new ones, and becoming a leader in my home town is all very humbling. Sometimes I wonder if I’m truly ready for it. But whether or not, here it is. And it’s a good experience.

Since walking in the Summer Commencement at BYUI, I have completed an internship for a River Rafting supply store. I have learned that this is NOT the line of work I want to be in. Too much business and money management for me. My heart ended up not being in it even though I tried to make it. I really want to work with people, not their money. Well unfortunately, and fortunately, we terminated my contract early. I am, however, grateful to have done this short stint of my first job after graduation for three reasons: one, because I needed some kind of internship to fully complete my Rec Management degree; two, it was in the next city over; and three, I discovered one more way “how not to make a light bulb.” (Thomas Edison) Now, I’m job networking and taking my time to really find a job or internship that I’m really passionate about. I’m currently applying for internships in outdoor schools in central California. We’ll see how it goes.

Well, that’s about it for now. More to come later. Till then, stay true to yourselves!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment