Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update

Martinez, California

Well I guess it’s time for an update. I feel bad; it’s been so long since I’ve written anything down in more depth than in Facebook statuses. And you know what? It feels pretty good to write things down again.

Ok, so the main questions I get from people are about my job at the Hospital. I’m a temporary employee at Alta Bates Hospital in Oakland and Berkeley, California. Yes, I go to both campuses depending on where they need me. Right now I’m helping out with the Charity Care Program. That is basically the hospital reimbursing the doctors for all the patients they see who don’t have insurance. I get to do all the logging and paper pushing for it. It can get kind of mind numbing but when you step back and take a look at the big picture, (especially at the sheer volume of patient invoices) it’s kind of cool to see how a part of the financial process works in the hospital. And I’m a part of it! Totally not what I thought I’d be doing after college but you know what, it is paying the bills and I’m learning a side of me that I didn’t know was there: I’m not that bad with numbers as I thought I was! 

Along with this, I’ve been getting told by the executives of the good word they’ve been getting about me. Wow! Talk about an ego boost! I’ve even had a kind of a job offer. I was told, “Come talk to me when you’re assignment is over.” Cool! The only problem is my assignment keeps getting extended. I don’t what to think about that. I just hope they still want me when this assignment is over. Man! You just never know where a road will lead you once you take those first steps.

Grad school is still in the plans. I just put it on the back burner for a while. Getting my previous debts paid off felt more important to me than getting into more debt right now. So its just put on hold. Unless the hospital hires me and is willing to invest in my education for them, then I'll start that process a lot sooner. :-)

The other questions I get are about my relationship status. Yes, I was in one for a while. All I can really say about it is that it was a whirlwind. It started fast and ended just as fast and was just as intense. (“Slow Me Down” by Emmy Rossum seems very fitting to explain how I felt towards the end even though that may not be the purpose of her song. Honestly, I didn’t know I felt as strongly as that during the time till after the breakup.) *sigh* Go slow, folks who are still single. There is no need to rush when it comes to matters of the heart. It’s just too fragile to run with in my opinion. But life goes on and wounds heal. Especially when you start moving at the pace you want to go.




(For those interested in what the song is, here is the music video. I love how honest she is in this song!)

No comments:

Post a Comment