Sunday, June 13, 2010

No Internship

Richmond, California

As a follow up to the blog before last. I, unfortunately, did not get the internship I wanted in San Louis Obispo. My rejection letter took longer than I expected to come. It was a very nice rejection letter. They told me it was a tough choice to make and had to go with another candidate that was a little more qualified. Aww...thats sweet but....ouch. Well, I'd rather be let down gently than bluntly or not at all (which I've had before). Anywho, I was disappointed (more than I thought I'd be actually) but happy and grateful that it faded fast. I am a firm believer in God and that he has a plan for each of us. His plans are usually better than mine. I usually end up pretty sad and miserable when I try to force my way. But when I follow His plan, His way and in His timing, things always seem to work out. Even when I don't get it at first. I try to think of one of my favorite hymns during these confusing times, Lead Kindly Light,  Hymn # 97 in the LDS hymn book. "Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see the distant scene--one step enough for me."

2 comments:

  1. Thats a bummer, what are you planning on doing now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should apply for something here! At Zion! then you could be near ME!!!

    ReplyDelete